Filed under: Politics
The government or the press?
On the one hand, the government lies, misleads, is full of corrupt and often stupid individuals. On the other hand, the press distorts the facts, oversimplifies, inflates stupid and easy stories whilst burying important, difficult ones. Neither of them are representative of the real interests of society because they are both peopled by a privileged elite, and are dependent for their success on the patronage of the wealthy (through donations, influence or advertising). It’s a shitty choice, but one of the two must be worse?
Some things to consider:
- Which group is on average stupider?
- Which group is more corrupt?
- Which group is more subservient to wealth?
- Which group is responsible for more lies/distortions?
- Which group has a worse effect on society?